- Price From: $ 30
- Tour Length: Tour 1 day
- Tour Type: Day trips
- Start From: Ho Chi Minh City
- Tour route: Can Gio
- Can Gio is a low palm-fringed island sitting at the mouth of the Saigon River, some 25km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. The mangroves forest in Can Gio possesses a high biodiversity with more than 200 species of fauna and 52 species of flora. The effects of the recent wars on these ecosystems have been devastating and large efforts have been made by local people to rehabilitate the mangroves. Today, it has become one of the most extensive sites of rehabilitated mangroves in the world.
- The island, which is at the intersection between the Saigon River and the sea, was created by silt washing downstream. It’s hard-packed mud rather than sandy beach, so attracts few visitors and the area remains entirely undeveloped.
- 08.00am ~ 08.15am: Our tour guide pick you up at your hotel and head to Can Gio, also be known as “Monkey Island”.
- On arrival, we visit mangrove forest to see over 1,000 monkeys, living there, you also can feed and take photos with many monkeys surrounding and climbing on your shoulder. Continue with a short walk to alligator farm, where local people conserve many huge alligators from the “American war” and you can try “alligator fishing” (optional). Then take speed boats to “Sac” guerilla camp built in deep jungle. Today the camp has become a major tourist attraction giving the visitor a unique experience and a feel of what jungle life in the war must have been like.
- We will then stop at local seafood market selling various kinds of fresh seafood regarding octopus, lobster, ray, etc and dried foods. There, enjoy a welcome drink (sugar cane juice) before having Vietnamese style lunch at a beach resort, where we are at leisure for swimming and sight-seeing.
- Before heading back to Saigon, we visit a nearby house of local people, then walking through their mango gardens and tasting fresh mangoes.
- Finally, we transfer back to Ho Chi Minh city & end the tour at approximately 5:30 pm
|Price is in USD per person
|Large group tour
|3 – 4 people
|5 – 6 people
|7 – 8 people
|9 – 10 people
The tour price includes:
Professional English speaking tour guide
Transfer and transportation with good air conditioner
Ferry round ticket, sugar cane juice, 01 bottle of water/person
Entrance fee (Can Gio Monkey park)
Monkey food for feeding, speedboat
Swimming pool and shower room
Vietnamese style lunch
- Braised pork or filet fish in clay pot
- Fried omelet with onion
- Sauted morning glory with garlic
- Seafood hotpot
- Sauted squid or braised shrimp
- Steamed rice, fruits, ice tea
- Vegetarian foods is available on request
The tour price includes:
- Beverages at resort where meals are included
- Alligator fishing fee
- Tips & Gratuities for all tour guides and drivers