- Price From: $ 54
- Tour Length: Tour 2 days / 1 night
- Tour Type: Day trips
- Start From: Ho Chi Minh City
- Tour route: Ho Chi Minh – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho
Trying a new experience at homestay with famer house in the original Mekong Deltal. Seeing the floating market. Sight-seeing lively activities along river as fishing, water transferring. Wandering into the village for seeing local people make sleep mats, make bricks in handy, tasting a delicious coconut in orchard garden. Trying a new experience on “ tuk tuk” or “ xe loi” on shady paths, pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to be able to touch on really life and find out about tropical culture from Peasants.
Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh – Ben Tre – Ham Luong (L/D)
- At 08.00am, pick up at your hotel and leave Ho Chi Minh city for visiting Mekong Delta. On arrival in Hàm Luông Pier (Bến Tre town). Take a boat on Bến Tre river – one of tributaries of Mekong river, sight-seeing lively activities along river as fishing, water transfering…….Stop at brickwork to see how to make bricks in handy traditional style by printing and baking. Visit one of plenty of coconut processing workshops located along canal. Turn on natural scissors creeks where they look smaller and smaller to go to village. Take a walk to family workshop making sleepmats and enjoying some fruits and tea.
- Take a motor cart (xe lôi) or cycle riding under tree shades, pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to be able to touch on realy life and find out about tropical culture from Peasants.
- Lunch at Hai Hồ family.
- Check in accommodation. Time for taking a rest.
- In the afternoon – riding to Mr. Sau khanh’s house – seeing ancient porcelains collecting set. Help peasents planting, harvesting in the field.
- Joining cooking together with family, have dinner.
- Overnight in farmer house.
Day 2 : Ham Luong – Cai Be floating market – Ho Chi Minh (B/L/_)
- Having breakfast at farmer house. Going to local market and seeing local temple on the way. Check out take a rowing-boat along water palm creek and boating along Cái Cối creek.
- Back to Pier.
- Meeting your driver and proceed to Cai Be.
- On arrival to Cai Be, set off by motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels.
- Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made. Then wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
- Keep cruising to a series of small canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta. Arrive in Tan Phong island.
- Trekking around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong delta.
- 14:00. Return to Ho Chi Minh city.
- The tour ends at your hotel around 16.30.
|Group size||2 pax||3 – 5 pax||6 – 8 pax||9 – 11 pax||12 – 15 pax|
|Cost in US$ per person||183||147||104||89||79|
Tour price includes:
- Private van for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Cold mineral water on van (2 bottles/ pax/ day)
- English speaking tour guide
- Private boat trips in the Mekong Delta
- All entrance fees
- Tuk tuk or xe loi
- Home stay arrangement
- Meals as indicated in the tour program (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses.
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
Thank you for visiting our Original Mekong Eco tour 2 days overnight at homestay. We are looking forward to serving you.