- Price From: $ 426
- Tour Length: Tour 7 days / 6 nights
- Tour Type: Tour Packages
- Start From: Hanoi
- Tour route: Hanoi, Vietnam – Laocai, Vietnam – Halong Bay, Vietnam
Mekong Delta Tours sincerely introduce you the Northern Vietnam Highlight tour 7 days as follows:
- Northern Vietnam Highlight tour 7 days. The trip starts from Ha Noi, explore the Old Quarter, traveling on night sleeping berth train to Sapa. Visit Bac Ha market which takes place every Sunday is famous for the originality and authenticity that the traders still preserve. Trekking downhill to Y Linh Ho and Muong Hoa Valley through rice paddies and small hamlets to learn the life of hill tribes here. End your trip on Ha Long Bay.
Day 1: Ha Noi city & arrival
- Arrive at Noi Bai airport. Welcome by your local guide and driver. Transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight at your proposed hotel in Ha Noi
Day 2: Ha Noi city tour – Lao Cai (B/L/_)
- Breakfast at the hotel. At 8.30am, pick up at your hotel for visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex, containing the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts and the One Pillar Pagoda, continue to the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university. You will also visit the famous prison that American POWs sarcastically dubbed the “Hanoi Hilton” during the Vietnam War. Take a relaxing walk along Thanh Nien street next to the famous West Lake. Visit Dong Xuan market and enjoy traditional food Cha Ca La Vong a Ha Noi specialty. Riding on a rickshaw around 36 streets in the Old Quarter. You will have many chance to see local product handmade as well as doing shopping.
- Enjoy water puppet show in the late afternoon.
- Transfer to the train station for boarding the express train to Lao Cai (21:50 – 06:30).
- Overnight in an air-conditioned soft sleeper cabin.
Day 3: Lao Cai – Bac Ha market – Sapa ( B/ L/ _) Sunday
- Meeting your local tour guide and driver upon arrival. Drive to BacHa market. The beginning of the day on which you visit a big market filled with many different hill-tribe peoples. This is the most colourful market in North Vietnam. At the market, you have chance to enjoy BacHa people’s simple but unique kinds of food with special wines made from rice, cassavas, corn and different sorts of fruits such as plumps, apples, peaches… talking to the minorities through the guide’s interpretation.
- Leave the market for the H’mong King’s house (King Hoang A Tuong) built by the French colonists and the Chinese in 1920. Return the town for lunch. In the afternoon, spend time visiting BanPho village.
- Say good bye to BacHa and get back to Sapa. On the way back, drop in to see the Vietnamese and Chinese Harbour Mouth in LaoCai. Reach Sapa late in the afternoon.
- Dinner on guest’s account.
- Overnight at your proposed hotel in Sapa
Day 4: Sapa – Lao Chai – Ta Van – Lao Cai ( B / L / _ )
- Breakfast at the hotel. At 8.00am, start trekking downhill to Y Linh Ho and Muong Hoa Valley through rice paddies and small hamlets to learn the life of hill tribes here. Communication exchange with local people in Lao Chai village then continuing walking through villages and rice terraced fields to Ta Van village settled by Dzay ethnic. Have picnic lunch on the way then keep going to the bottom of Sapa valley which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area.
- At 18.30, transfer to Lao Cai for the night train to Ha Noi (20.45– 05.45). Overnight in an air-conditioned soft sleeper cabin.
Day 5: return Ha Noi – Ha Long ( B / L / D )
- Arrive to the train station, pick up and transfer to a mini hotel for taking a rest hand having breakfast until 8.00am, leave for Ha Long Bay through the Red River Delta. Arrive at Paloma office, Halong City. Tranfer by tender to the Paloma Cruise – enjoy welcome drink. Receive cruise briefing and check in to cabins and begin cruise. Lunch – delicious Vietnamese set menu (Massage service is available beginning after lunch and thoughout the cruise. Heads to Bai Tu Long Bay passing the towns of Hon Gai and Cam Pha, Oan Lagoon, Mat Quy (Monster Head) and Am Tich (Teapot) Islets and Vung Vieng fishing village. Visit the fishing village by local rowing boat (01 hour) then return to the vessel for free time at your leisure or join one of the following optional activities:
- Kayak into the village or swim near the boat;
- Optional onboard activities: Sunbathing, traditional massage, etc;
- Trip by tender to an isolated pristine beach for swimming, etc.
- Paloma cruises through the Bay to its overnight anchorage near Hang Trong.
- Happy Hour (sunset party) & Vietnamese cooking demonstration on the boat
- Sumptuous Seafood Set-dinner onboard.
- Retire to your cabin or join the squid fishing, watching movie, game. Overnight aboard Paloma Cruise.
Day 6: Ha long – Ha Noi ( B / L/D)
- Start your day with Tai Chi on the Sundeck while complimentary tea & coffee are served.
- Paloma weighs anchor to cruise through the Bay passing beautiful spots like Trong (Drum), Trinh Nu (Virgin) and Me Cung Caves, Coc Ngoi (Toad) Islet, etc
- Explore the Surprise Cave (Sung Sot)
- Return to Paloma cruise
- Check out the cabin.Western menu is served onboard. The vessel cruises leisurely back to harbor.
- Disembark at Paloma office, Halong City. Tea & coffee will be served.
- At 16.00. Return to Ha Noi. Dinner on guest’s account. Overnight at your proposed hotel in Ha Noi.
Day 7: Ha Noi & departure (B)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Free until transfer to the airport.
- End service.
|Hotel grade||Cost in US$ per person|
|1 pax||2 pax||3 – 4 pax||5 – 8 pax||9 – 11pax||Single supplement|
Tour price includes:
- Private car for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Express train ticket Ha Noi – Lao Cai – Ha Noi (4 pax /cabin)
- Shuttle bus transfer Ha Noi – Ha Long – Ha Noi
- Share cruise in Ha Long Bay
- Kayaking paddles
- Cold mineral water on car (2 bottles/ pax/ day)
- English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Water puppet show, rickshaw
- Hotel accommodation based on two people share a double/ twin room
- Meals as indicated in the tour program (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
Tour price excludes:
- International flight to/from Vietnam
- International airport tax
- Vietnamese entry visa
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses.
Thank you for visiting our Northern Vietnam Highlight tour 7 days. We are looking forward to serving you