- Price From:$ 50
- Tour Length: Tour 1 day
- Tour Type: Day trips
- Start From: Ho Chi Minh City
- Tour route: Ho Chi Minh – Vung Tau
The Long Tan Cross, located in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province approximately 110 km east of Ho Chi Minh City, marks the site of the Battle of Long Tan. This Battle, which took place on 18 August 1966, was Australia’s single most costly engagement of the Vietnam War, with the loss of 18 Australian soldiers.
A cross was first erected on the site in 1969 when the 6th Battalion, the Royal Australian Regiment, which fought in the Battle, was on its second tour of duty. The original cross was later removed by the Vietnamese. A replica now stands on the same site.
- At 8.00am, pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh for depart to Vung Tau. Meeting your local tour guide who was a veteran in Battle Long Tan. Going to Hoa Long village.
- Visit Nui Dat – where Australian soldiers set up the base in 1966.
- Visit the old Artillery’s rocks, old bunkers,
- Kangaroo pad, SAS hill( Nui Dat hill), Lusbcome air field and the battalion’s Flag pole.
- Visit the Nui Dat Kindergarten which is built by Australian Veterans for children in the village.
- Going to Long Tan village to visit the Long Tan Cross which was re-built by Australian veterans for soldiers in the battle of Long Tan in 1966.
- Then travel The Horse shoe- fire support base; Long phuoc Tunnel & museum. Return Ho Chi Minh city and drop you off at your hotel around 5.00pm.
- End of Long Tan cross Nui Dat hill one day tour.
|Group size||1 pax||2 pax||3 – 5 pax||6 – 9 pax||10 – 14 pax|
|Cost in US$ per person||202||109||83||56||50|
Tour price includes:
- A/c private car/ van/ bus for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Cold mineral water car (2 bottles/ pax/day)
- Hotel pick up & drop off service
- English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees, travel permit
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses.
- Anzac Day Dawn Service on 25 April, commencing 5:15am
- Vietnam Veterans’ Day Service on 18 August, commencing 3:30pm.
Thank you for visiting our Long Tan cross Nui Dat hill one day tour. We are looking forward to serving you