Phu Quoc Island to Ho Chi Minh city via Mekong Delta tour 3 days 2 nights
Highlight of the trip
- Access Mekong River by express boat from Phu Quoc Island
- Visiting Cai Rang floating market in the early morning
- Biking around peaceful villages where are lying along Hau river
- Visiting orchard gardens and having lunch with local family
- Cruising Tien River to see Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, Unicorn Island
- Enjoying local cuisine in Mekong Delta region
Day 1: Phu Quoc Island – Rach Gia – Can Tho city
At 11.30am, pick up at your hotel in Phu Quoc and transfer to the ferry for boarding the express boat to Rach Gia (13.00 – 15.30). Meeting your tour guide and driver, transfer to Can Tho city. Overnight in Can Tho
Day 2: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – biking around the villages (Meals: breakfast, lunch)
After breakfast at the hotel. At 06.00am, take a leisurely waking to Ninh Kieu wharf. Tourist will have chance to see morning streets market with many products homemade such as fruits, vegetables, cake… are sold on the way to the wharf.
Cruising in the river to the busy Cai Rang floating market, one of the biggest floating market in Southern Vietnam. Visitors will be surprised to explore “the method of the business” in the floating market areas. It is really impressed.
After exploring the floating market, visitors will visit the place to see how they make rice vermicelli noodle and the orchard garden.
Then biking to Cai Son village paths to look at: the rural activities of the local people, through the canal, rice paddies, orchard. Stop at Mr Ba Cong’s orchard, walk around the garden and enjoying fruit, drinking tea, chatting with the local people to see the Mekong inhabitants’ life. Guest cycling through the ferry, arrive to Ba Lang and have lunch there. Then continue running along the village access the river, visitors sometimes saw the rural activities of the local people… You feel like relaxing at the peaceful and quite garden.
Transfer back to your hotel. Leisure in the evening. Overnight in Can Tho
Day 3: Can Tho city – My Tho – Ben Tre – Ho Chi Minh city (Meals: breakfast, lunch)
Having breakfast at your hotel. At 7.30am, depart for My Tho. Arrive to My Tho town, visit Vinh Trang pagoda an oldest ancient one in Southern Vietnam. Known as the largest pagoda and the most special architecture in Mekong Delta. It’s architecture was influenced by Vietnamese culture and Khmer’s culture as well as European’s architecture.
After visiting Vinh Trang pagoda, transferred to the pier boat for getting on a motorized boat. Take a leisurely boat ride in Tien river to enjoy fresh air, to see the peaceful life of the local people, passing the stilt house, the fishing floating farm, the four Islands (Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, Unicorn)
After passing Rach Mieu bridge, we disembark at Thoi Son Islet that locates on Phoenix Island. Take a leisurely walking on the village paths, visit local people’s home, orchard garden and enjoy seasonal fruits while listening to traditional Southern folk music.
Then visit honey bee farm and taste delicious honey tea with lemon that is really good for health. Local people also have python farm for those tourist, who like adventure can take a photo with pythons.
Take a hand – rowed sampan through the creeks for sightseeing the natural water coconut trees a symbol in the Delta areas.
Return to the motorized boat then cruising to Ben Tre province, visit coconut candy workshop to know how to make delicious candies by hand.
The highlight of the trip is take a sightseeing through the peaceful villages by horse cart.
Then cruising to Unicorn Island to visit crocodile farm and visit the remains of Coconut belief.
Having lunch in orchard garden. Do not forget to taste dried Ear Elephant fish that is one of the special dishes in Mekong Delta
After lunch, wandering through the village paths to enjoy the fresh air and observe the pastoral life.
Then take a short walking through the narrow village path to the bus and process to Ho Chi Minh city.
Arrive to Ho Chi Minh city and drop you off at your hotel around 16.30.
Price is in USD per person
|Hotel grade||2 people||3 – 4 people||5 – 6 people||7 – 8 people||9 – 11 people||Single supplement|
- Deluxe: Hau Giang hotel, Sai Gon Can Tho hotel, International hotel
- Homestay: Hung homestay
- Premium: Ninh Kieu Riverside hotel, TTC Premium Can Tho hotel, Van Phat riverside hotel
- Luxury: Vinpearl Resort, Victoria Can Tho resort
The tour price includes:
- Private air conditioned transport for pick up and transfer as per program
- Express boat ticket: Phu Quoc – Rach Gia
- Hotel picking up and drop off service
- English speaking tour guide
- Mineral water on transport (1 bottle/ person/ day)
- Private motorized boat trip in Mekong Delta
- All entrance fees, sport bikes
- Seasonal fruits, honey tea
- Southern folk music
- Private hand – rowed sampan, horse cart riding
- Daily breakfast at hotel
- Meal as per indicated in the tour program
- Hotel accommodation base on two people share a double or twin room
- Nice and safe place for homestay optional
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses.
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses