- Price From: $ 44
- Tour Length: Tour 3 days / 2 nights
- Tour Type: Day trips
- Start From: Ho Chi Minh City
- Tour route: Ho Chi Minh city – TP.My Tho – TP.Ben Tre – Can Tho – Chau Doc
- Borderline with Cambodia by a river, Chau Doc town is known not only a big gate for exchanging goods on land of the both countries but also the gate for tourist who want to enter or exit Vietnam through the lower Mekong Delta.
- The Mekong Delta attracts tourists by these picturesque landscape of the floating houses, fishing farms, orchard gardens along the banks specially is the floating markets take place every early morning.
- A three days trip to My Tho, Ben Tre, Can Tho with the highlight is Cai Rang floating market and Chau Doc town assuredly give you many new experiences of the Mekong Delta region.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city – My Tho city – Ben Tre province a kingdom of coconut threes – Can Tho
- 07.45 am, our tour guide and driver pick you up on request at your hotel that locates in backpacker areas (De Tham street, Bui Vien street, Pham Ngu Lao street) or in Ben Thanh areas (Le Thanh Ton street, Thu Khoa Huan street, Ly Tu Trong street). Other places that are not mentioned kindly come to Daily Travel Vietnam office for joining the tour.
- Depart from Ho Chi Minh city at 08.00am. It takes one hour and thirty minutes driving to get to My Tho town. On the way, tourists will have chance to see these picturesque sight seeing along the road such as the green rice fields, the peaceful Vam Co Dong river and the busy Long An town. End route, our bus will stop at Mekong Rest stop where you can take a rest and see bonsai garden.
- Arrive in My Tho town, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, an oldest ancient one in Southern Vietnam. Known as the largest pagoda and the most special architecture in Mekong Delta. Its architecture was influenced by Vietnamese culture and Khmer’s culture as well as European’s architecture.
- After visiting Vinh Trang pagoda, our bus will take travellers to the pier boat for getting on a motorbike boat. Take a leisurely boat ride in Tien river to enjoy fresh air, to see the peaceful life of the local people. Passing the stilt house, the fishing floating farm, the four Islands (Dragon, Phoenix, Tortoise, Unicorn).
- After crossing Rach Mieu bridge, we disembark at Thoi Son Islet, which is situated on Phoenix Island. Take a leisurely walking on the village paths, pay a visit to local people’s home, orchard garden and enjoy seasonal fruits while listening to traditional Southern folk music.
- Then visit honey bee farm and taste delicious honey tea with lemon which is really good for health. Local people also have python farm for those traveller, who like adventure can take a photo with pythons.
- Take a hand – rowed sampan through the creeks for seeing the natural water coconut trees-a symbol in the Delta areas.
- Come back to the motorbike boat then cruising to Ben Tre province, visit coconut candy workshop to know how to make tasty candies by hand.
- The impression of the trip is to take a sightseeing through the nice villages by horse cart.
- Then cruising to Unicorn Island to visit crocodile farm and visit the remains of Coconut belief.
- Having lunch in orchard garden. Do not miss to taste dried Ear Elephant fish that is one of the special dishes in Mekong Delta.
- After lunch, riding on bicycle through the village paths to enjoy the fresh air and enjoy the pastoral life.
Next take a short walking across the narrow village path to the bus and process to Can Tho city.
- On the way, our tour guide will take travellers the symbol of culture, dining and entertainment places in Can Tho city.
- Arrive in Can Tho city, check in at the standard hotel which has hot shower, towers, mini bar, air conditioner, tivi, wifi.etc. in every room.
- Leisure in the evening for wandering Tay Do night market, Ninh Kieu wharf or enjoy these tasty local dishes.
Day 2: Can Tho city – Cai Rang floating market – Chau Doc
- After breakfast at the hotel. At 07.00am, take a leisurely waking to Ninh Kieu wharf.
- Tourist will have opportunity to see morning streets market with many products homemade such as fruits, vegetables, cake… which are sold on the way to the wharf.
- Cruising in the river to the busy Cai Rang floating market, one of the biggest floating market in Southern Vietnam. Travellers will be surprised to explore “the method of the business” in the floating market areas. It is really impressive.
- After exploring the floating market, visitors will visit the place to see how they make rice vermicelli noodle and the orchard garden. Wandering in the village and try your best to cross the bamboo bridge which is built only by one bamboo tree.
- Cruise back Ninh Kieu wharf.
- After lunch, process to Chau Doc
- Arriving in Chau Doc town, pay a visit to Sam mountain and Cave pagoda.
- Check in the hotel and take a rest in the evening.
Day 3: Chau Doc – Ho Chi Minh city
- After breakfast, take a nice boat trip through the floating village to to pay a visit to a fish farm to see how the Mekong Delta people raise fish in their floating houses. Visit the Cham minority with their traditional weaving village, followed by a local Islamic Mosque.
- Process to Can Tho for having lunch.
- After having lunch, heading to Ho Chi Minh city.
- Arrive to Ho Chi Minh city around 17.00.
- The tour ends at Daily Travel’s office.
- Seeing you on another trip with Daily Travel.
Joining tour: US$44/person
- Air conditioner bus for transfer & sightseeing as per program.
- Boat trip in the Mekong delta.
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees, fresh fruit and honey tea
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- 1 lunch on the first day
- Accommodation based on Twin/Double room share basis
- Homestay arrangement on request
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program.
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Private tour is always available on request. We highly recommend you do private tour for more privacy as well as more convenience.
Thank you for visiting our Mekong Delta 3 days tour. We are looking forward to serving you.