- Price From: $ 38
- Tour Length: Tour 1 day
- Tour Type: Day trips
- Start From: Hue
- Tour route: Hue – Quang Tri
Mekong Delta Tours sincerely introduce you the DMZ full day (private tour) as follows:
- A full day trip to the Demilitarized Zone or called DMZ, which was famous as the hottest pot during the controversial of War between Vietnam and American, is a journey to have the discoveries of human ability. This tour to DMZ will take you back to the war sites and witness the scene of some of the bloodiest battles of conflict: Khe Sanh, Quang Tri, Con Tien, Doc Mieu… Especially, Vinh Moc tunnels are a net work that was dugged by local people’s hands. Only coming there and pass through the tunnels you can admire the ability of human beings during the war. Join with us and admire them.
- Am: At 8.00am our guide and car will pick you up at your hotel in Hue city then transfer to Dong Ha town to visit the Demilitarization Zone. Taking this tour bring you back Vietnam War in 19th Century to learn about the fighting of Vietnamese. This tour to DMZ will take you back to the war sites including Hien Luong bridge, crosses the Ben Hai River at the middle of the DMZ and marks the former border between North and South Vietnam from 1954 to 1972 where exist Museum, Ben Hai river, the 17th Parallel. Vinh Moc tunnels – a network of tunnels built by villagers seeking shelter from bombings during the Vietnam War, and here is the place where an entire village lived for two and a half years. Visiting these tunnels, you can see and admire the specialty of Vietnamese people in the war, in this complex grew to including wells, kitchens, and rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare. Then you can relax at Cua Tung beach nearby. The driver will ride you back to Dong Ha town for having lunch at the restaurant.
- Pm: You will go on visiting Dakrong Bridge, the starting point of Highway 15, one of the main branches of the Ho Chi Minh Trail, which leads south to the A Shau valley and the famous “Hamburger Hill”, across over Thanh Han River. You also have chance to meet Paco minority people in the Viet Nam Central. They have their own language and tradition different from Kinh people, the main race of Viet Nam. They live in stilt houses, breed coats, and cows to earn their living. The last place of this day trip is Khe Sanh Combat Base – one of the famous battles in the war in Quang Tri. It is just east of the Laos border, was the site of a United State base which fell under attack in early 1968. You see the old airfield of red dirt stills remain. Enter to the museum of Ta Con airport to see the things in nature of the fierce war, and how hard Quang Tri people fight against the enemy! Then the driver transfers you back to Hue around 6 pm.
- Tour ends at hotel in Hue.
- Private transport
- English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees, travel permit
- Mineral water on car
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
Thank you for visiting our DMZ full day (private tour). We are looking forward to serving you.